Sunday, September 27, 2009

Not that I'm counting...

...but on the 29th of September, I'll be celebrating two interlinked things...it will be the 3rd anniversary of my coming out and exactly 18 months together for McBrad and I. It's funny, 18 months doesn't really sound like much, but it feels like we've compacted a lot of stuff into it. We actually had a BBQ last night and it was a great feeling to see my friends and his friends mixing so well - the first time we did this, it did feel like my friends stayed together and his friends stayed together, but last night, it seemed like everyone was mingling. So despite the rather blustery conditions (or maybe in spite of the blustery conditions) it was a great night.

This morning, we cleaned up, went out for brekkie with Noodle and then we hit the SupaCentre for some furniture shopping. I'm planning on updating a few bits and pieces when I move into my new apartment and needed some inspiration and also a bit of an idea as to what it was going to cost me. I'm now busy re-writing budgets!!! I love that McBrad is just as excited (if not a bit more) as me about my new apartment - I feel so lucky to have such a supportive man!

It's funny, I have been rather haphazard at best of recent times in my blogging, and I'm finding it increasingly challenging to be motivated to continue the blog, but the other night, I re-read some of my first few posts and I was reminded why this blog has been a great thing for me. It's amazing to look back and remember how I was in those first few weeks and months after coming out. The same Monty is still here, but it's a much more confident, more relaxed Monty. After years of not really feeling comfortable in my skin (much of which had to do with my struggle coming to terms with my sexuality), I'm feel like I'm actually living the life I want and the life I'm comfortable with. So, although I do feel that this blog is fast running out of steam, I think there's still a few posts left in it.

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yay for Monty. It's been really heart warming to see things go from strength to strength for you.

Mike said...

The story this blog tells is an amazing one. It's brought me hope many times; and I do hope you continue - not least because I hope I'll be where you are 12 months on; it's like looking at what can be if all goes well :-)

Congratulations on your 18 months; and your three years. Big hugs for the future.

X X

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS fella in both instances.

I hope that you and McBrad had a great day together and as for your coming out celebration, I bet you have never looked back.

Onwards and upwards and hope your new apartment is all you wished for.

Hugs D ;-)

Labels