Sunday, September 13, 2009

Housing...


Just an update re: my plans for purchasing an apartment. Well, my offer was accepted however under NSW laws, nothing is guaranteed until we exchange contracts and I pay my 10% deposit. That will be happening tomorrow, all things being equal. But, because it's still available, there was another viewing yesterday. McBrad and I couldn't resist - we had to go along. I wanted to have another final look at the place, to make sure that it's really the right one for me. It is. Unfortunately, it seemed that every man and his dog also thought this was a great apartment. Thankfully, the agent appeared to be very positive about my offer and advised me to exchange tomorrow to make sure I get the property.

So, I'm feeling pretty good about it...I meet with my solicitor tomorrow at 1pm and hopefully, it will all go good and we'll exchange. Cross your fingers guys!

On a completely unrelated topic, I just watched the Qantas ad on TV - I don't know what it is, but every time I hear the children's choir singing "I Still Call Australia Home", I get goose bumps! I love the Qantas ads!!!

I was just reading some of my September posts from last year - we were celebrating 6 months together and I was still pinching myself that it was real. And here we are, about to celebrate 18 months. The thing is, the time just flies and the necessity of celebrating every milestone just isn't there. I'm not terrified that it's all going to be over, I am soooo much more relaxed about our relationship. I love McBrad so much and I know that he loves me. What more do you need? I'm excited that I'll be moving closer to him and to all of my friends actually. Although I love the North Shore, it has been somewhat of a barrier - my friends can't just pop by on their way home, they can't just drop by on a Sunday arvo for a drink and a chat. Whereas, if all goes well, this will be possible. AND I'll save a fortune in Bridge/Tunnel tolls!!!

Well, now I'm sitting down to Idol...to watch Scottie the Hottie and the yummilicious Toby!!!!!

8 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Best of luck B.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you =)

Campbell said...

Fingers, toes, eyes - they're all crossed for you Monty. Good luck!

IAN said...

: )

Phil said...

Hey Monty,
I hope the offer & acceptance goes smoothly for the apartment!

Rich & I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary tomorrow!! Where has that time gone?

The holiday was fantastic! Such a shame to be back at work - jetlag still in place!!

I know what you mean about the goosebumps.

Sounds like things are going great for you & that life is good! This is a great things :-)

Cheers
Phil

K said...

I hope the exchange went well. Congrats on the new apartment and being closer to your man. :-)

Mike said...

Fingers crossed for you Monty. Sounds really good. And congratulations on 18 months. I'm going to re-read your ealrier posts and compare!!

Darth Gateau said...

best of luck. A new home is an exciting prospect. Hope all goes well and your new neighbourhood is a happy one!

Monty said...

DG, the new neighbourhood is more than happy, it's positively GAY! :-)

Labels