Monday, December 15, 2008

Eventful...

Eventful was indeed the word that most accurately describes the weekend just gone!

After celebrating an early christmas with McBrad's god-daughters (who'll be overseas for christmas) on Friday night, Saturday dawned HOT and windy. Given that our party is this Saturday coming, I only had the weekend to finish off McBrad's garden. I had thought that I had left the easiest part to last - I just had a clear up a few rocks and then plant the lawn! Well, I spent most of Saturday afternoon removing stones...many of them had been concreted in by previous owners and so it took way longer and was way harder than I expected. But, by the end of the day, I'd got rid of all the rocks - I was knackered though. But no rest for the wicked - I'd booked tickets for McBrad and I to see Priscilla for one last time. I hadn't thought I'd see it again, having only seen it a few weeks ago with Tom and Dan, however a two-for-one offer was just too good to resist! The Scotsman in me (and no, I'm not referring to McBrad you perverts, I'm talking about my Scottish heritage) just couldn't say no to a two-for-one offer! So we saw it again, excellent seats and McBrad enjoyed it more this time than he had the first time. So it was a great evening. I did sleep like the dead however! I was soooo tired.

Sunday, it was the day to finish up. And finish it I did...by 5:30pm! I have to say it's a very very satisfying feeling to look at the backyard and see it now! McBrad likes it and that's the really important thing!

McBrad also bought a new car on Thursday - Noodle was outgrowing his old car so it was time to upgrade to a larger vehicle. It was a really sweet thing of him - although this was his car and it was his cash, he wanted me to be involved in the decision making process. I had to go and look at all the various cars with him, go through all the pros and cons of the various cars, work out his finances with him and help him come to a decision. He even put me on the insurance and calls it "our car".

It's just one of those things I've kinda not noticed, but more and more, there's less doubt in my mind, less concern about our relationship. Included in all of our conversations is the assumption that we're going to be together, that we share a future and that's a really nice feeling. I just feel so secure in our relationship and the direction in which it is heading!

anyway, this week it's full on preparation for our party on Saturday night, but there's one thing we must do first...KYLIE!!! yes, that's right, after months and months of waiting, she's finally here and tomorrow night, we're going! Wahooo! I'm very excited!

Anyway, I did have a stack of other stuff to say, but I can't remember! Hopeless I know!

4 comments:

Peter said...

Monty, He even put me on the insurance and calls it "our car"... you're practically married! Congrats! *wink*

Mike said...

Wow a busy weekend! Sound slike you're having lots of fun with McBrad and I'm very envious. But very happy for you. Thanks for sending some of that sunshine to the frozen north :-)

The Mutant said...

Gardening has to be one of the most satisfying things you can do, even it it does tear you six ways from Sunday!

Meanwhile, look at you two! Next thing you know the two of you will be going halves in a mortgage and adopting one-eyed Nepalese orphans!

Oh and I have to ask, what kind of car did McBrad get?

scottiejt said...

next thing you know it'll be our house, our dog, our children. You sound very very happy mr monty and i will admit i'm slightly envious. I want a garden!!
might see you tonight amongst 20,000 other queens! :)

Labels