Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008...

Its 3.19pm, 31 December 2008.  Im sitting here at work and I have not done anything (in a work sense) since about 9am.  But I wanted to post this as my final post for the year. 

I remember  my lovely friend Englishman Abroad posting a comment on my last New years Eve post  in it he said, Monty, 2008 is going to be your year!  And you know, it has been!  I started a fabulous new job which is still great fun, and of course, I met my gorgeous boyfriend McBrad.  I know that you, my long suffering readers, are no doubt sick to death about hearing of McBrad, but words cant express how lucky I feel to have him.  It has been a wonderful year overall for me, starting with my little holiday romance with Mick, followed by my Mardi Gras affair with The Tourist, after which, I met McBrad.  Whod have thought that Monty, the tart that I was, would be able to stick to just one guy for 9 whole months!!!  But I have and there are no regrets. 

I have had a great holiday in Thailand with my brother and friends, a lovely holiday in Port Douglas with my gorgeous McBrad, and a FANTASTIC Christmas with my man as well.  Next week, we depart for Fraser Island, followed by a long weekend in Perth and than a weekend in the Hunter Valley. 

I remember thinking a couple of years ago, that 1988 was my best ever year!  In that year, everything was going wellit was just a sensational year!  I was 17 and nothing was going to stop me.  Well, 20 years on, Im 37 and finally Im feeling like I am LIVING my life!!!  I am ME, I have no regrets, and I am deeply in love with the most wonderful man alive. 

Thank you to all of you, my lovely readers, whove been there for mein your comments on my blog, in your emails to me, and for a few of you, in person.  I hope you all have had a great year, but I hope that 2009 brings you Love, Happiness and lots more blogging! 

Talk to you all Next Year!

Monty! xxx

9 comments:

Peter said...

Dear B, some of your wishes for 2008 came true, hope the rest of them will unfold in 2009.

Greetings from Amsterdam

Mike said...

Hey Monty. Happy New Year! Thanks for all your blog posts, sharing your life and experiences. Hope 2009 is 10 times as wonderful as 2008 was; wishing you and McBrad all the best. Keep us posted! x

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

It's great to have witnessed & experienced this transition.

May 2009 be just as great for you

K said...

Happy New Year Monty. Thank you for sharing your story with us. It's been very inspiring.

Cheers, Ky

Brent said...

Happy New Year to You and Mcbrad!!!! And all the best in 2009!!!

The Mutant said...

Happy new queer to you and your man Monty! I'm so glad that you can look back on 2008 as an amazing year, I'm certain that by the end of 09 you'll have many more incredible memories to cherish. All the best mate!

scottiejt said...

Happy New Year my friend....I hope 2009 brings you much happiness and is a super year for you.

Scottiejt
x

Phil said...

Happy New Year Monts! Hope 2009 brings you good health & much happiness!
*hugs*
Phil x

Anonymous said...

Hey Monty! Sending you and McBrad a big hug for the new year, and hoping the adventure of 2009 is as rich and rewarding for you as 2008 has been...

I look forward to reading more of the good times...

Labels