Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas...

Christmas is upon us and I have been very neglectful of my poor blog. In my defence, it's been BUSY!

Kylie was last Tuesday and it was a fantastic concert! She did an awesome version of Slow, and the audience went off for Better The Devil You Know and I Should Be So Lucky! But you know what, the best aspect of the whole thing for me was the fact that I got to see it with my gorgeous McBrad. He actually was studying hard for an exam the following day, and in fact, was going over his notes while I drove to the concert. He was a bit stressed about going, but still came along because he knew it meant a lot to me...and it did! Just a sweetheart!

We had our work Christmas party on Friday night...it was themed Bling. I went a little OTT (bet you're suprised by that) and hope to post a pic of my outfit soon. It was lots of fun, and despite my earnest endeavours to avoid drinking too much, I did! I hadn't planned on spending the night at McBrad's because he's not keen on me turning up at some ungodly hour, pissed as a newt. But, bless his heart, after the 26th sms to him, he relented. I left the part at 12:30am so it wasn't that late, but could I find a bloody taxi? NO! So I ended up walking back to his place (Surry Hills) which actually was quite good - gave me a chance to sober up a bit. Of course, I was still fully kitted up in my bling and so got quite a few comments on the way home.

Saturday, we hosted our first "Our Party" which was pretty exciting for me. It was a mix of his and my friends so it made for an interesting bunch - I think there was about 30 of so in total. Fellow blogger Mike made an appearance, as did my lovely friends Evan (though, McDreamy was unable to come along sadly), Dan and Jacqui. A couple of ghosts of Christmases past were also there - namely my first boyfriend Dane and PC - just to keep it interesting. And from what one hears, some of the guests got on better than expected! :-) It was a great night and McBrad and I both thoroughly enjoyed it and I think everyone else did too!

This week, it's been all about last minute shopping - wee giftettes (as McBrad likes to call them) to purchase and wrap and I have to tell you, I'M OVER SHOPPING! Bring on Christmas I say!

We're here for Christmas day and so I'm cooking my first ever Turkey - it's an orphan's Christmas dinner. Thankfully, Tom, our resident culinary king has come to the rescue with some cooking instructions and stuffing recipes! so cross your fingers that it turns out ok.

Boxing Day, my brother Mark and his boyfriend Sim, fly in from London for 3 weeks. So we're all heading down to his beach house on the south coast so I am hoping for some decent sunny hot weather! It will be lovely just to relax and chill out, eat, drink, chat, read and go to the beach. I can't wait! I've got a half day tomorrow so I finish at lunchtime. McBrad is collecting me and we'll be doing all the grocery shopping for Xmas dinner and for down at the beach house so that will be one last chore to get out of the way! But then, 4 days of bliss!!!

McBrad also asked me today if I would like to go to Perth in January to meet his brother! His immediate family all live in Scotland however his niece and her husband moved to Perth a few years ago, so McBrad's brother (her father) is out for a visit. So looks like we'll be going to Perth for a long weekend. I'm just a bit chuffed that he's wanting to take me along to meet his brother - it's like a bit of formal acknowledgement to his family of me being his partner.

Well, I suspect that this may be my last post before Christmas so I just want to say that I hope you all have a great Christmas! This is my first one with my gorgeous man and I feel so very lucky to be experiencing it with him. I hope you all have your loved ones around you for Christmas too! Big hugs to you all.

Monty! xxx

8 comments:

Volodya said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Monty! Hope you'll enjoy it to the fullest!

Darth Gateau said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Good luck with the turkey. Mine's in the fridge as I type. It's a real beast and cooking it is going to take a strong heart, nerves of steel, possibly a whip and a sturdy chair...

Anonymous said...

G'day Monty, It's almost been a year since I last saw you (New Years) I'm sorry that it has been so long. I couldn't make it to your Christmas Party for personal reasons but I really do hope to make 2009 a year that I enjoy, 2008 was not so great, Evan is a dream as you can imagine, I'm not so "McDreamy", but 2009 does look better. I have read your Blog throughout the year and enjoy your adventure, especially the very special one with McBrad. The more recent conversation you had with your father was very cool. I was moved, as was Evan.
Have a great Christmas and New Year. I hope to re-connect in 2009.
McDreamy.

Poobaba said...

Glad you enjoyed Kylie, her show was fab I loved the last two sections.
Have a great Christmas & New Year.
Nx

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Oh no.. better wish you a Happy X-mas just in case... eerrmm actually sod that I'm gonna sms you before xmas day.

Bless :)

scottiejt said...

have a wonderful wonderful christmas monty and to your sweetheart of a boyfriend as well.

lets catch up for a drink early in the new year.

scottiejt

xxx

Tom said...

Happy Christmas!

PS - don't forget to weigh the entire bird including stuffing when calculating how long to cook it for! :)

Adaptive Radiation said...

Best wishes for the festive season Monty. Looking forward to more fun and exciting posts in 2009.

Labels