Monday, August 17, 2009

Holiday...

Well, it's been way too long since my last post, for which I do apologise. I'm sitting here at work on my first day back from 2 weeks leave...two lovely relaxing weeks. We've really seemed to have hit a sweet spot weather-wise in Sydney and it's just marvellous. The first week of my holidays, I was at home. Did the usual types of things that one does when at home for a week...spring cleaning, my tax return, bit of shopping, cooking, and bugger all. It was lazy and wonderful. And the best thing, temps were hovering around the 20 degree C level which meant I spent the week in shorts and t-shirt. In the middle of WINTER! Just perfect sun kissed days!

And then, McBrad and I headed off to even sunnier North Queensland. Thankfully, we passed through the airport in Townsville without me seeing anyone from my past life there and cabbed it straight to the ferry terminal, and then off across the azure sea to Magnetic Island. I've got to say, Magnetic Island has vastly improved in the past 9 years since I was there. We stayed at the Peppers Resort there which was lovely - our room overlooked the marina. We did very little the week we were there - McBrad went to gym each morning while I sat in the sun, drinking my coffee and reading the paper, then we'd head to the beach and lie in the sun, have lunch at some local establishment, lie in the sun, head back to our room for a shower and snoozette, go out and have dinner. It was WONDERFUL!!! So relaxing. We did a sailing cruise around the island on our last day there which was fantastic - just one other couple and ourselves. We snorkelled around the reef which is just amazing itself, but as an added bonus, there were a couple of turtles swimming there too. So we followed them until they got sick of us and chooffed off. It was a highlight!!!

So now, I'm back at work, staring longingly out of the window at the glorious sunny day outside. I shall post a few pics soon - possibly even tonight!

4 comments:

The Mutant said...

It sounds perfect! Just the thing I reckon, glad to hear you so thoroughly enjoyed yourself!

Peter said...

It's good to hear you both had a great time. So... when do you move in with McBrad?

Mike said...

Hey there stranger. I was wondering what sunny adventures you and your guy were off on... god to hear from you - and look forward to the pics. x

Darth Gateau said...

Heck. You're even worse than I am at posting these days.

Glad to see all is well. I'm off to Mykonos on Friday for 10 days R&R so whilst I'm jealous from reading your post, it won't be long before I'm doing the same!

Labels