Monday, June 29, 2009

June...part II

Well how about this...another post within days of the previous one! Will wonders never cease!!!

Just a couple of things...I was reading some of the back catalogue of one of my favourite bloggers - the blogging world's answer to MasterChef - Tom when I realized that it was his birthday recently and nothing had been mentioned. And so, I took it upon myself to rectify this travesty! Happy belated Birthday mate! Hope that the next year ahead will bring you lots of success with both your personal life and your gourmet life!!!

Also forgot to mention that my very talented boyfriend is performing at the Opera House (again) this week - on Thursday and Saturday nights - as part of the Sydney Philharmonia Choir. They are performing Carmina Burana and I'm very much looking forward to going! He's been rehearsing like mad and I'll not get to see much of him at all this week, but it will all be worthwhile! If you're in Sydney, and feeling like a bit of "culcha", come along - there's bound to be one or two spare seats available on the night.

And, just to make the weekend even busier, we're hosting a Christmas in July dinner on Sunday night. Being a Scotsman who lived in London for 10 yrs prior to moving to Sydney, McBrad's group of friends are mostly from the UK and they all seem to miss having a big Christmas dinner when it's cold! And so, we decided to do one this year. Needless to say, I'm going to be doing my best MasterChef impression and attempting to feed the hordes. I'm doing an old favourite, Beer Up the Bum Chicken, which is easy, though not strictly very Christmassy! Ahhh, who cares - it's yummy! :-)

We saw the new Transformers movie last night - wow!!! Story line is somewhat light on, and the movie is geographically challenged (somehow, Petra is within spitting distance of the pyramids, which are apparently quite close to the coast line) but holy heck, the movie is HUGE! A full on explosion of non-stop action! Totally awesome in a very shallow way!

OK, that's it - I'm exhausted from so much blogging! :-)

9 comments:

Mike said...

There's a great video of your bf rehearsing Carmina Burana in the shower.

Monty said...

That's hilarious Mike!!! ha ha ha!

Mike said...

Congratulations to your brother on his engagement. That's fantastic news. As is that all is good with you and McBrad. Look forward to reeading about your hols when you get back...

X

Tom said...

Ha ha, thanks!

Poulet, biere au cul. Sounds better in French. Slightly.

Happy Christmas. :P

Darth Gateau said...

Petra? Pyramids? Coastline? Well, as a resident of the Middle East, which is closer to the near east than any performing truck I'd like to stand up for geographical accuracy and say "pffft!"

Happy Christmas and bon appetit!

Campbell said...

Monty...no comments about the business of End of Financial Year this year!!!! It's amazing what love can get you through!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Holy crap...how could this be? I missed your last two posts.

Great to see you are still going well and that McBrad is still maintaining the romance (hmmm...recently I have been lamenting lack of flowers from my bf but maybe I should send him some from time to time too).

Volacious said...

Ohhh.... Carmina Burana!

I did that one with the Sydney Phil about 10 years ago or so :-)

It's a fun one to sing.

Tom said...

Could we have a July/August update now please! ;)

Labels